Monday, April 19, 2010

Strength

I am very excited about tomorrow. I am attending the opening of Cancer Connections, a photography show that features people touched by cancer and their stories.

I know that sometimes when you have had cancer you just want to get away from it. Others connected through the disease turn to others like them for inspiration and hope.

For people who have not had cancer they may reach out because people they love have it, had it, have been lost to it or have beat it.

For as hideous and devastating as a disease like cancer is - it connects us. I cannot count the number of amazing relationships that I have formed with others because I had a few cells in my breast that decided not to play nice.

Many people see cancer as a curse. I am almost embarrassed to admit it but cancer for me - was a blessing (as long as it doesn't kill me). I have re-focused my priorities and learned to live life with Passion.


The beautiful thing about tomorrow's show is I will be there standing beside my image that is in the show - called 'Strength', taken by my friend WendyD (shown in this entry). All of the visible ravages of my disease are gone today.

It is almost like cancer is my secret now - - - well except I am blogging about it so millions can see. I guess the cat is out of the bag.

0 comments:

Post a Comment