Saturday, April 24, 2010

Inner Calm

I always find it funny that when things are in total chaos I seem to find this inner calm. Work is crazy, the kids activities are keeping everyone running, training, fundraising, school, chores....

I should be completely overwhelmed (and there are momentary fizzles), but for the most part I just face what ever is in front of me and just deal with it.

I have seen many women faced with a diagnosis find this inner calm. I do not know if it is resolve, acceptance, resignation, determination or what?

I have just learned another friend has just had a biopsy. She is already a survivor. We were hoping to celebrate a major milestone of being in the 'clear'.

I talked to her yesterday. There was that inner calm again, or at least her outer self was putting on a very good facade. The inside might have been screaming, stamping feet, tearing hair and spewing tears and snot. If it was - that is ok too.

She will learn the results next week. I really hope they are negative and we can celebrate that milestone with added enthusiasm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment