Sunday, January 16, 2011

Last week was a blur

Well I have to admit last week went by so fast I lost track of all time. I have spent most of it going through medical tests and talking to - well - everyone. The reason is that I have been diagnosed - again.

Yup - it is true - it is back. The doctors are trying to figure out if is a metastasis of my original breast cancer or if it is a new one. Not that it really matters - because frankly I did not want to do this all over again. I thought I was clear. It had been 6 years.

I have to admit that I cannot stop thinking about women else where in the world and that I am so lucky. You are probably thinking - WHAT? LUCKY? Are you crazy?

Yup, I feel lucky because I know that although the news I got is not great - I also know that I still can hold hope because with the technology and available care at my disposal I still have a fighting chance to extend my life. In other parts of the world I would not.

I am glad that I am part of the World Conference on Breast Cancer Foundation, because I know that the work we all do is working toward giving all women a fighting chance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment