Monday, September 6, 2010

Last Day of Summer Holidays

It is hard to believe that our summer is slipping into fall. All the kids go back to school tomorrow after two and half months of parks, beaches, camping, foreign lands, iPods, texting and in our case - transforming into a teenager.

My daughter is going into high school. A very exciting, but scary time. She and four of her gal pals decided they wanted to go shopping yesterday to pick up that last minute perfect outfit for the first day of school. I eagerly agreed to take them and was looking forward to seeing what kinds of clothing they would pick. That is when I realized my daughter was looking at me like I had a third eye.

"Mom, we will be OK, you can just drop us off" - I got the 'dis' (that would be the dismissal). I when from cool to embarrassing overnight. I knew it was going to happen - I just was not prepared. I did not think it would be this early.

Stay tuned - I think we are in for a bumpy ride! Gulp.

In my next entry I'll tell you about the 'dinner conversation' we had the other day - I managed to slip in some breast health topics.

0 comments:

Post a Comment