Saturday, July 3, 2010

Getting Ready for the Race


Well tomorrow is the big day - I get to run up a mountain with my three gal pals in the Seek the Peak Relay, in support of Rethink Breast Cancer. Fortunately for me - it is a relay so I don't have to literally run up the mountain my self, we each take a leg and then run up together in spirit. The race is 16km and goes straight up 1250m (4100').

I lost my voice last Sunday and still do not have it back. I have felt fine all week, but in the last couple of days it seems to have gone into my lungs. I feel fine - I just cough when I breath in too deep. Hmmmmm - breathing deep - I think I need to do that to run? Oh well - I'll be good.

Rethink targets education and awareness at young women and is taking a planning and support role at the World Conference on Breast Cancer in Hamilton, Ontario next June. They are taking part in the Youth day program and putting on a young women's event.

Wish me luck in the race. Do you think starting to stretch 24 hours in advance is too early?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim! How'd you make out? Are you still breathing deeply? Let us know the outcome of this challenging feat!

Cheers,

Lisa

Post a Comment