Sunday, November 7, 2010

November Memories

Fall has always been a beautiful time of year. The leaves are all turning on the trees. The weather starts to turn colder. Snow kisses the tops of the local mountains. The sun is lower so the sun rise and sun sets are amazing. The squirrels are in a frenzy finding the last of their winter food.

November also takes me back to 2003. I was just finishing my third of six chemo treatments. All of my hair was gone and I was struggling through the fatigue and nausea. I had dropped to a dangerously low weight. Everything around me was dying away - the last of the summer bloom was gone. I guess in a way I was dying a cell at time too - without actually dying.

I got through that 2003 November and each since, with many more ahead of me. Everything seems more intense now. The colours seem more vivid. The air more crisp. The mountains more spectacular. The squirrels - well they are still in a frenzy. Maybe nothing changed - just me. I used to run from the rain. Now I walk in it and let my hair go curly. Life is good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment