Sunday, October 10, 2010

What do you give thanks for?

This is Thanksgiving weekend in Canada. Many families gather to enjoy the bounties of the harvest and to give thanks for our many blessings.

I was in a coffee shop yesterday and the staff had put out a sheet of paper and pen encouraging customers to answer the questions, "What do you give thanks for?". Customers had written things like, "My health", "My Children", "Having good friends", "Enough food to eat". As I looked at the list, I recognized the significance of Thanksgiving. We often take the simple things for granted when we have them.

My mind jumped to those living in other places in the world who face all kinds of adversity. For many of these people having the simple things is not only a blessing - it is a miracle.

I am so blessed. If I were to start listing all of my blessings I would be sitting here for days.

So I will pose the same question to you that I read in the coffee shop, "What do you give thanks for?"

0 comments:

Post a Comment